Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A very yummy, fairly easy, gluten-free (but you can't tell) dessert. This is very forgiving; I kind of made up the amounts I used and it turned out well, but it could be altered and still turn out well, I'm sure.
- 3 apples, cored and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 0.5 (8 ounce) bagmidel arrowroot cookies (gluten-free animal crackers, or could try other cookies)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Put the apples in a baking dish (I used a 1-quart glass one). Put a few tablespoons of water in the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle the apples with the sugar, and a dash of cinnamon and cloves.
- Grind cookies into crumbs in a food processor, or put them in a ziplock bag and crunch them up with a rolling pin.
- Add the margarine to the crumbs and process or cut in until the mixture turns into coarse crumbs and no lumps are visible.
- Pour crumbs over the apples in the dish and bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until the crumbs darken and turn light brown (keep your eye on it).