Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A small batch dessert recipe from somewhere in my old recipe files.
- 1 small apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon oatmeal
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon cold butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- Place apple in a small greased baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients; cut in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over the apple slices.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees ro 30-35 minutes or until apple is tender.
This was so good! I had apples that were a little tart so I sprinkled a little sugar on top before I added the topping...delicious! I like a lot of crisp so I just doubled it. You will love this! Awesome job to the creator!
It was good. I gave 4 stars because it wasn't as bad as 3, but it needed more topping. The flavors were nice and I topped with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream. I'll probably make it again, I'll just increase the dry portions of the topping and keep the butter to a minimum.
Loved that this was a small batch recipe! The prep was quick and easy (took less than 10 minutes) and I appreciate that this recipe used ingredients I always have on hand. In my oven, the bake time was only 25 minutes. This has a good topping with the right amount of sweetness and crunch for us. Thanks for posting...I know my husband and I will be enjoying this one often!