Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
I can never find good recipes for passover that taste like all year round- that is until I tried this.
- 4 1⁄2-5 1⁄2 cups potato starch (during the year use 4 C. flour)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (optional)
- 8 -10 apples
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine all ingridients until crumbs form. DO NOT OVERMIX. Add more potato starch if needed. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Peel and thinly slice apples. (You can use a food processor or do it by hand.) Add remaining ingredients.
- Place 2/3 of crumbs on the bottom of 2 round 9 inch pans. Divide filling between both pans. Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until ready.
With the exception of flour, this is almost exactly like my Apple Crumb Cake so I had to try it, however for my taste it had too much starch so next time I'd use half matzah meal.