Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Let's face it, apple crisp is great but you can't easily pack it for lunch or snack on it as easy as you may want. This was my inspiration for coming up with this cookie. If you like apple crisp you will equally like this cookie. I prefer a background nutmeg flavor, feel free to add more (or leave it out) for your taste.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter with electric mixer; add sugar and cream together until fluffy.
- Add vanilla, egg, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until well blended.
- Mix in 1/2 of the flour with electric mixer until well blended.
- Stir, by hand, remaining flour and oats. Depending on the humidity you may need a little less oats or a little more.
- Stir in the chopped apples. (I used 1 package of Del Monte dried apples that you can get in the supermarket in the same isle as the raisins, dried apricots).
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. I used a soup spoon but if you like smaller cookies, use a regular spoon.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Rotate the pan if necessary after 7-8 minutes.
Nice consistency but not much flavor. Needs more sugar.
Mmmm...portable apple crisp. Delicious. Tastes exactly like apple crisp! i did use fresh apples instead of dried ones. They turned out perfectly. i've made them twice now. Thanks for creating and sharing such a yummy recipe!
These cookies are awesome! I left out the nutmeg and followed the rest of the recipe as given. I will definitely make these again.