Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from a Publix recipe card.
- 1 cup apple chips
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (thin)
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Crush apple chips and corn flakes in food processor or plastic bag.
- Add 1 T. flour and seasoned salt to mixture and combine well.
- Shake chicken in plastic bag with remaining 1 T. flour.
- Coat chicken with apple butter, then with corn flakes/apple chips mixture.
- Heat large pan over medium heat, add butter and oil.
- Panfry chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until done.
This was interesting! The flavors would be perfectly suited to a nice fall day, and the flavor of the apple butter actually reminded me of a punch my family always has at Christmastime. Though I enjoyed the chicken and it cooked up nicely, this wasn't my favorite dish and I'm not sure that I'll make it again, but not because it's a bad recipe. I used canola oil instead of olive oil by accident, and I ended up needing a lot more apple butter than the recipe called for, though I didn't keep track of how much I actually used.