Recipe by grandma2969
this is really good
Top Review by Doods
This cake tastes very good but the topping sank down forcing the cake to the top of the pan. The cake on top did not bake correctly and stayed uncooked.I scooped the uncooked cake off and made the best of it since I had made this recipe to take to a potluck. I will try again using a different brand mix and review again at that time.
- 2⁄3 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 18 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced apples
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.Cut in butter with pastry blender till crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, water, butter and cinnamon. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Arrange apple slices evenly over batter.
- Sprinkle topping over apples.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.