Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Remember the smell and taste of home baked apple crisp in the morning? These bars revive that experience by making a portable pocket-sized version of this old favorite. It's a quick breakfast on-the-go or healthy lunch-time snack.
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup dried apple, slices (chopped)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Put the first 3 ingredients in a mixing bowl and place in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch pan.
- Take mixing bowl out of the fridge and add all of the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spread evenly in 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut while still hot into approximately 2-inch squares (4 by 6 rows).
- Remove bars after the pan has cooled.
After initial worrying over the conversion from cups to pounds and ounces this recipe turned out really well. For my own personal taste i would add more cinnamon but i will definately be making this again
I really liked these. I did add more cinnamon.