Recipe by Timothy H.
I have had this recipe since 1968 served for lunch in the cafeteria at Adams Jr. High School in Sandusky, Ohio. Home of the best amusement park in the world, Cedar Point! If you have this one time you will be hooked,lucky for me I was good friends with the supervisor at the cafeteria, leave alone it was my good friends MOM!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 rolled oats
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup melted butter
- 4 cups peeled cored sliced apples
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Stir until crumbly. Press in half of the mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with the apples.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine white sugar, cornstarch, water, and vanilla. Cook until liquid is clear stirring all the time, making sure it is thick, about 10 minutes. Pour over apples.
- Cover with remaining crumble mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until bubbly and golden!