Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy to make and delicious. All the topping ingredients go into a bag and are easily mixed up to pour on top. The kids love to help make this recipe.
- 6 apples
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- whipped cream or ice cream
- Heat oven to 375 and lightly butter a 8 or 9 inch baking pan.
- Peel, core and slice the apples and arrange them evenly in the prepared pan.
- Place the oats, brown sugar, flour, spices and salt in a sealable bag, close and shake until combined.
- Cut the butter into 1 inch pieces and add to the oat mixture.
- Close the bag again and knead or squeeze until the mixture holds together.
- Open the bag and crumble the topping over the apples.
- Bake the apple crisp 40 to 45 minutes or until the toping is golden and juices are bubbling around the sides.
- Serve with ice cream, or whipped topping.
Wonderful recipe! Easy and delicious! I will be making this again and again... Thank you for sharing!