Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 6 cups peeled sliced apples or 6 cups pears
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats or 1 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed,divided
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray glass pie pan or 8" square pan with cooking spray.
- Combine 1/4 c.
- brown sugar, oats, margarine and 1/4 tsp.
- Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Add fruit last, tossing to coat each piece.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Top with reserved mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes.
I decided to try this recipe for the Cookbook Tag game. The finished dish was unacceptably watery, but I think this was not the recipe's fault at all. I think the fuji apples that I used were the cause. Other than an excess of liquid, the flavor was good. The topping was a little dry, but not excessively. I think maybe a small amount of salt would also help. I believe I would give 4 or 5 stars for this recipe made with proper baking apples, but will not leave stars at this time. People with baking apples will most likely enjoy this recipe.