Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my Grandmother's Apple Crisp recipe.
- 5 cups sliced pared apples
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup soft butter
- Spread apples evenly into an 8x8x2 inch pan.
- Sprinkle with water, cinnamon and nutmeg (spices are to taste).
- Mix sugar, flour and butter together.
- With pastry blender, two forks or your fingers, mix until crumbly.
- Spread crumb mixture over apples Bake, uncovered about 40 minutes at 350 degrees.