Simple apple crisp is a great fall dessert when apples are ripe. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (September, 1983)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Combine the oatmeal, brown sugar, and flour in a bowl.
- Cut in butter or margarine with two knives.
- Place apple slices in bottom of prepared pan.
- Sprinkle oatmeal mixture over apples.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is crisp.
This was wonderful. My son had requested apple crisp for Thanksgiving, but I didn't have enough apples for both it and the apple pie. Instead, I made it over the weekend while the guys were out deer hunting. I used Granny Smith (my favorite baking apple) and doubled the recipe. It was a huge hit when the guys got back in and was gone in just over 24 hours. Thanks for posting Ellie!
Delicious! This was a simple, easy to follow recipe. Easy to whip up and it baked while we were eating supper. I served this with vanilla ice cream and there was not a single drop leftover! Thanks for posting this!
i suggest putting the butter in melted form into the dry mixture! otherwise....YUM!!!!!!!