Recipe by ellie_
Simple apple crisp is a great fall dessert when apples are ripe. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (September, 1983)
Top Review by Cindy Lynn
This was wonderful. My son had requested apple crisp for Thanksgiving, but I didn't have enough apples for both it and the apple pie. Instead, I made it over the weekend while the guys were out deer hunting. I used Granny Smith (my favorite baking apple) and doubled the recipe. It was a huge hit when the guys got back in and was gone in just over 24 hours. Thanks for posting Ellie!
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 6 -7 medium apples, peeled, cored and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Combine the oatmeal, brown sugar, and flour in a bowl.
- Cut in butter or margarine with two knives.
- Place apple slices in bottom of prepared pan.
- Sprinkle oatmeal mixture over apples.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is crisp.