Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an old favorite of mine. My mother made this for years and gave me the recipe, along with many others, after I was married.
- 4 large apples, i use northern spy
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- Grease a round cake or pie tin.
- Thinly slice the apples and put in pan.
- Sprinkle the water over them.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, salt and sugar.
- Blend the margarine with the sifted mixture and sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake at 400°F for 40 minutes.
- Serve warm with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream.
This is out of this world! Everything was perfect -taste, consistency, ease, etc. etc. I doubled the recipe and baked it at the same temp and time in a 9x13 pan -and company raved. Comfort food at it's finest -this is a keeper. Thank you, I will be making this for years to come!