This is the best apple crisp recipe I have ever tried. I found it somewhere on the internet. It is good plain, or with ice-cream of whipped cream.
- 5 -6 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons oatmeal
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 7 tablespoons lightly packed brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Put apples, sugars, and cinnamon in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Stir to combine.
- Let sit about 20 minutes until some juice is released from the apples.
- Combine flour, oatmeal and sugars.
- Mix in the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour melted 2 tbsp butter over apple mixture in the casserole.
- Sprinkle with topping mixture.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until topping is golden and filling is bubbling.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.