Recipe by Domestic Goddess
A family favorite for 25 years. Do not use canned pie filling, as fresh sliced apples is best for this recipe.
Top Review by UTVolsFan
not too rich so it was perfect for a light sunday morning breakfast with coffee - i used braeburn apples and left out the lemon juice, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly.
- 4 cups peeled cored sliced apples (like Granny Smith or Golden Delicious)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup quick oats
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sliced apples in a greased 8x8-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and oats.
- Add melted butter; mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until apples are tender, and top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.