Prep 12 mins
Cook 25 mins
A family favorite for 25 years. Do not use canned pie filling, as fresh sliced apples is best for this recipe.
- 4 cups peeled cored sliced apples (like Granny Smith or Golden Delicious)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup quick oats
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- vanilla ice cream
- Place sliced apples in a greased 8x8-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and oats.
- Add melted butter; mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until apples are tender, and top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
not too rich so it was perfect for a light sunday morning breakfast with coffee - i used braeburn apples and left out the lemon juice, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly.
I used 2 cans of apple pie filling and omitted the lemon juice. It was good but a little tart. I would add just a little more sugar to the apples