Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from a Shop and Save flyer a few years back. It is so easy to make. I always make double the topping because my dh absolutely loves it.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs apples, sliced thin
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with tin foil.
- Lightly grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together apples, 1/2 cup brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Spoon into greased baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix to form a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle over apples to form topping.
- Set baking dish on prepared cookie sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes or until juices are bubbly and top is golden.
Sooooo good... I miss Shop and Save! It's my mom's favorite grocery store.
Every bite was eaten.Very easy to throw together. Will make again. Thanks for sharing!
jb4,I understand exactly why your dh loves this recipe,my goodness but it is so good,I love the crunchy topping,and apple anything is good to me. :) Thanks,Darlene