Prep 8 mins
Cook 3 mins
This quick, delicious Nutritarian dessert was adapted from a recipe on drfuhrman.com. For a nicer presentation, you can transfer the crisp to individual microwave safe dishes before adding topping.
- 2 tablespoons almonds, raw and chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut, shredded unsweetened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1 banana, ripe and broken into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, peeled and chopped (1 large or 2 small)
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup quick oats (not instant)
- Combine almonds, coconut and 1/4 tsp cinnamon for topping. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave proof bowl, combine banana pieces, chopped apple, raisins, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, vanilla and cider vinegar and mix well.
- Add oats and mix well.
- Microwave for 2 minutes. Mix.
- Sprinkle with topping mixture and microwave for 1 minute.
- Let cool about 15 minutes and serve warm.