1/1 Photo of Apple Crisp
Anne Sainz's Note:
This quick, delicious Nutritarian dessert was adapted from a recipe on drfuhrman.com. For a nicer presentation, you can transfer the crisp to individual microwave safe dishes before adding topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons almonds, raw and chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut, shredded unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1 banana, ripe and broken into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups apples, peeled and chopped (1 large or 2 small)
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup quick oats (not instant)
- 1Combine almonds, coconut and 1/4 tsp cinnamon for topping. Set aside.
- 2In a medium microwave proof bowl, combine banana pieces, chopped apple, raisins, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, vanilla and cider vinegar and mix well.
- 3Add oats and mix well.
- 4Microwave for 2 minutes. Mix.
- 5Sprinkle with topping mixture and microwave for 1 minute.
- 6Let cool about 15 minutes and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.1
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 33.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 4.7 g