Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Get your ice cream ready!
Make and share this Apple Crisp recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups cooking apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (if apples lack tartness)
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 oats
- 2⁄3 cup melted butter
- Place apples in a greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and oats. Add melted butter. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 50 minutes or until apples are tender. (Apples have different baking lengths. I suggest checking with a fork at 30 minutes, and then every 10 minutes after.).
Very good! I didn't have enough oats, so let it cook a bit longer. The topping had a wonderful caramel flavor and consistency. Thanks Mama! <br/>PS I've made this several times now, the last time with only 1/2 cup of butter and it still came out wonderful.