Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love this recipe. True Comfort food It's rather quick to make, it can easily be doubled for big gatherings and there should be plenty leftover (but not for long). Great with Vanilla Ice cream! ; )
- 5 apples, sliced and peeled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put half of the apples in a greased 9x9" pan.
- Blend together remaining ingredients, except juice, and crumble half over the apples.
- Cover with remaining apples and flour mixture.
- Pour juice over top.
- Bake 35 minutes.
So tasty! You can't go wrong with apples. I think the apple juice made a nice touch to this already wonderful dish. Thanks!!!
The topping was incredible, but for me, the apples were not good at all. I think the recipe needs more sugar or butter for me, because the apples were much too tart to be good.
I like the idea of pouring apple juice over the top. Previously, I have poured water over the top when it was done baking and it seemed dry. I like this idea much better.