Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is delicious! It is almost like eating one of Grandms's homemade apple pies, only with a slight crisp to it.
- 4 medium cooking apples, sliced (unpeeled or peeled, about 4 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats or 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄3 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread the apple slices in an ungreased 8-inch square pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients with fork; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake uncovered until the topping is golden brown and apples are tender, about 30 minutes.
Tasty and easy to make. Loved the nuts in it! It made a good addition.
Great recipe!! Very easy to make, and it sure didn't last long. Really delicious.
I wanted to make apple crisp but was out of oatmeal. All the recipes I found had oatmeal. I found this one and tried it. It was very good and extremely easy to make.