Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Yummy apple crisp to use up any extra apples. I have made this with gala's as well and it was great!!!
- 3 large apples (Golden Delicious work really well)
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- vanilla ice cream (optional) or whipped cream (optional)
- 8 ounces caramel ice cream topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Peel, core,and thinly slice apples. Arrange in a buttered 9-inch round baking dish. In medium bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter and oats. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Serve warm. Top with vanilla ice cream and caramel. (if desired).
Definitely makes for a great breakfast treat, & as said by others, the caramel topping shouldn't be optional but rather a MUST! I look forward to making this again when we have overnight company & I can share with them this wonderful treat! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current round of Pick A Chef]
So easy to put together, and so delicious! I enjoyed it plain, with no ice cream, for breakfast, and later with ice cream as a dessert. Wonderful! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
This is such a quick and simple recipe for a nice weeknight dessert. I usually have these items in the house too. I cubed the butter and cut it into the oat topping like a pie crust. I thought that maybe I could cut back on the butter a little next time and up the cinnamon to a full tsp. The optional caramel topping is a must- yum. Thanks for sharing. *Made for PAC Spring 2010*