Recipe by AZPARZYCH
Perfect for the Fall. Found on another website and posting here to try.
Top Review by Debbwl
Yum! There is a lot to like about this crisp, starting with it is easy to scale back and bakes in custard cups. We enjoy really sweet desserts which this is and we loved the addition of pecans. Made almost as written forgot to add the cinnamon oh well we thoroughly enjoyed anyway and used Splenda brown in place of the brown sugar. Those were the only two changes. Will make again. Thanks so much for the post.
- 5 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the Filling:.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Place into 7 to 8-ounce ramekins.
- For topping:.
- Mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in large bowl.
- Blend the butter into the mixture until it forms pea size lumps.
- Stir in pecans and sprinkle over filling.
- Bake crisps for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.