Recipe by Carrie Ann
This is one of my husband's favourite desserts that his mother use to make for him when he was growing up in the 50's, and when we got married it was one of the first things I learned to make for him.This is delicious served warm from the oven with good quality vanilla ice cream.
Top Review by Bluenoser
Looked at the other apple crisp recipes on here and i was trying to decide which one to try and decided on yours. Am glad i did as i found it just melted in my mouth and i went for seconds.-I topped it off with vanilla ice cream and i thought i had died and went to heaven. Being diabetic i have to be careful of my sugar intake but i treat myself sometimes and i am glad i did with this treat. Thanks ever so much---I know my wife and i will be trying it again.
- 6 medium apples
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside.
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Sprinkle with sugar and spice mixture and mix well.
- Place apples in 8x8 buttered baking dish.
- Mix together brown sugar and flour; add butter and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until apples are tender.