Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love the crumb topping on this apple crisp. My daughter has been making this for 12 years and it comes out perfect every time. A friend gave me the recipe which originally called for baking apples but I changed it to the canned apple pie filling so a child could make it without having to use a sharp knife. The crisp can be made with any fruit pie filling.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and egg together to form crumb mixture.
- Place apple pie filling on bottom of greased square baking dish.
- Spread crumb mixture over apple pie filling.
- Melt butter and drizzle over entire mixture.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over butter.
- Bake at 350° F for 35-45 minutes.
- (Serve with vanilla ice cream).
When making this recipe I made one change (actually an addition) when I included a handful of raisins (Love those raisins!) ~ GREAT DESSERT that was served with frozen yogurt & a small drizzle of homemade caramel topping! Thank you for the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my Vegetarian groupmates in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap #6]
This is a nice and flavourful crisp recipe. Very quick and easy to make (even if you sub apples for the pie filling like I did). I enjoyed it and so did my sis, but we both thought that there might have been a little too much butter to it. Maybe thats just our taste, but thats why only 4 stars. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely recipe with us, Acadia. Made and reviewed for Potluck Tag May 09.
This is AMAZING! Perfect if every way! Can't really say much more than that! Thanks for posting!