Recipe by AcadiaTwo
I love the crumb topping on this apple crisp. My daughter has been making this for 12 years and it comes out perfect every time. A friend gave me the recipe which originally called for baking apples but I changed it to the canned apple pie filling so a child could make it without having to use a sharp knife. The crisp can be made with any fruit pie filling.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
When making this recipe I made one change (actually an addition) when I included a handful of raisins (Love those raisins!) ~ GREAT DESSERT that was served with frozen yogurt & a small drizzle of homemade caramel topping! Thank you for the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my Vegetarian groupmates in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap #6]
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and egg together to form crumb mixture.
- Place apple pie filling on bottom of greased square baking dish.
- Spread crumb mixture over apple pie filling.
- Melt butter and drizzle over entire mixture.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over butter.
- Bake at 350° F for 35-45 minutes.
- (Serve with vanilla ice cream).