Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is my favorite for Apple Crisp. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 4 cups sliced apples
- Mix together the first four ingredients.
- Cut in 1/2 cup Butter.
- Mix 1/4 of the crumb mixture with the apples and spread in a buttered 8 x 12 baking dish. Cover with remaining cumbs and pat down.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350° for 35 - 40 minutes.
Excellent, easy recipe. Used 8x8 pan and added a dash of nutmeg. Used a little less butter and 4 very large granny smith apples. Yum!
DD16 made this. She doubled the recipe and used 9x13 pans, and it came out quite thin. It's delicious, crisp on top with just the right sweetness. We love that it has no added sugar in the apples, though of course there's some in the crust. Other than cutting up a big bowl of apples, it wasn't difficult to do, and will be done again. Made for PAC, April 2009.
Easy and so tasty. What I liked most is it isn't as sweet as most crisps I've tried. I used frozen apples that I'd put down last fall, and it worked very well. Thanks kacc for a terrific addition to my dessert cookbook. Made for Spring PAC 2009