Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 5 golden delicious apples, peeled cored and sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine apples, 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Turn into a 6 cup greased casserole dish; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour and remaining 1/4 cup sugar. With pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture is the size of coarse crumbs. stir in oats. With hands gently squeeze mixture to form crumbs; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake uncovered 45-50 minutes or until apple sare tender and topping is golden. Serve warm or at room temperature and if desired, with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.