- 2 cups quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup light brown sugar (depends on how sweet and how rich you want the crisp)
- 8 granny smith apples
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees C.
- To prepare crisp, place oats, flour, cinnamon, sugar, and butter in mixing bowl.
- Mix (I like using my hands) together until crumbly.
- Peel, core, and slice apples.
- Place slices in sqaure baking pan.
- I like to add a bit more cinnamon to the apples (1/2 tsp).
- Spread crumble over apples evenly and press down gently but firmly.
- Bake in oven until apples are tender.
- Approximately 45 minutes.
- Serve topped with ice cream, whipped cream, or cereal cream.