Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy to bake and easy to love apple crisp recipe. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream on top.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups baking apples, sliced, pared and cored (Granny Smith or Gala apples are good choices for this recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecans, chopped, divided
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl combine cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine sliced apples, raisins, 1 cup of the pecans, and half of the cinnamon and nutmeg mixture.
- Place apple mixture in a greased 8"x8-1/2" square baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, salt, butter and the remaining cimmanon nutmeg mixture.
- With a pastry blender or fork, cut butter until a crumbly mixture is formed; stir in the remaining pecans.
- Pour mixture on top of apple mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy.
Yummy! The topping has a nice caramelized flavor to it that is both rich and buttery without being too sweet. Perfect! Tastes just like apple crisp should!!! Made for ZWT4 Zingo team Kumquat's Kookin' Kaboodles. Thanks for sharing- ~Sue
Oh gosh, great apple crisp! I used Granny Smith apples and one cup of chopped pecans. Easy and quick to make and really liked the flavor of the golden raisins. Served with Breyer's vanilla ice cream and enjoyed a wonderful dessert. Made and reviewed for ZWT 4 - Zingo.
This was very nice. I made this with a friend who is still learning how to cook so I'm not sure if it was the recipe or her, but the topping was a little salty. It was probably her. :) Other than that... this was very good! We ate it hot over vanilla ice cream! Made for ZWT 4.