Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I buy, collect and save filled recipe boxes from all over the globe. This recipe came from one of them. It's great! It's from the 1970's.
- 4 cups sliced apples (Granny Smith is good)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- Slice apples and place in a well greased dish.
- Mix together the sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter and then sprinkle over the apples and then pour the lemon juice on top.
- Mix together the brown sugar, flour, butter salt & nuts.
- Spread over apples and bake in a 350°F degree oven for 1 hour.
Very good recipe overall. I do prefer the crumb topping with the oats included, but if I had a craving for this, and no oats, I would make this recipe again. Made for Fall 07 Photo tag.