Recipe by Queen uh Cuisine
I buy, collect and save filled recipe boxes from all over the globe. This recipe came from one of them. It's great! It's from the 1970's.
Top Review by KaraRN
Very good recipe overall. I do prefer the crumb topping with the oats included, but if I had a craving for this, and no oats, I would make this recipe again. Made for Fall 07 Photo tag.
- 4 cups sliced apples (Granny Smith is good)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice apples and place in a well greased dish.
- Mix together the sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter and then sprinkle over the apples and then pour the lemon juice on top.
- Mix together the brown sugar, flour, butter salt & nuts.
- Spread over apples and bake in a 350°F degree oven for 1 hour.