Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my grandmother's recipe and is a simple Apple Crisp without any oatmeal in the topping. I like the crunchy topping that it has. It is a perfect dessert on any night with any meal. It especially tops off a soup meal.
- Fill a 9x13 baking dish with the peeled and sliced apples.
- Mix the water and cinnamon together and pour over the apples.
- Put all three ingredients into a bowl and work it with your fingers till it is well blended.
- With your fingers still messy, crumble this topping all over the apples till it is all used.
- Bake 400 degrees till the apples are done.
- The tops will be golden and crunchy and apples soft.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Also, good with cheddar cheese (just like apple pie is good with it).