Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Comfort food at its best. An easy and tasty dessert.
- 1419.54 ml sliced peeled apples
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 177.44 ml rolled oats
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml flour
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place apples in a buttered 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine rolled oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Using a pastry blender, cut butter into mixture until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until apples are tender.
i had a bunch of apples i needed to use up so i made this recipe in an 8X8 pan, covered with foil and put it in the freezer for another day. popped it in the oven tonight and enjoyed every bite. thank you!
Absolutely delicious! I will use this recipe from now on. For years, I had been trying to cut back on the butter - and it never "crisped up" to a delicious, crumbly topping. Well, this recipe did, and I will use it from now on. I added nuts to half of it in the pan, omitted the lemon (since I was using granny smith apples,) and didn't measure the apples - just be sure to use lots, because they cook WAY down. Can't wait to make more!
A delicious and very easy dessert! I was lazy, so I threw the dry ingredients in my food processor to mix then blend in the butter. It makes the topping done in a matter of seconds without putting a cramp in my wrist (as a pianist, that's a good thing). I also mixed the apples, sugar, lemon juice, and additional cinnamon to coat evenly before placing in baking dish. It was a big hit with my husband and 2 boys! This recipe is a keeper!