Recipe by Bev
On a cold winter's evening there 's nothing better than a dish of warm Apple Crisp! This recipe, made with the food processor is so simple and so delicious it's worth a try! This recipe came from the 1984 issue of the Southern Living Annual Recipe Cookbook and has become a standard in our house since.
- 6 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Position slicing blade in food processor bowl, and top with cover.
- Arrange apple quarters in food chute with cut side against the blade; slice, applying firm pressure with food pusher.
- Place sliced apples in a lightly greased 13x9x2" baking dish.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over the sliced apples.
- Position plastic mixing blade in food processor bowl; place flour, brown sugar, and butter in the bowl.
- Top with cover and process until mixture resembles course meal.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples.
- Bake, uncovered for 1 hour at 300°F.
- Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
- Makes 8 servings.