On a cold winter's evening there 's nothing better than a dish of warm Apple Crisp! This recipe, made with the food processor is so simple and so delicious it's worth a try! This recipe came from the 1984 issue of the Southern Living Annual Recipe Cookbook and has become a standard in our house since.
- Position slicing blade in food processor bowl, and top with cover.
- Arrange apple quarters in food chute with cut side against the blade; slice, applying firm pressure with food pusher.
- Place sliced apples in a lightly greased 13x9x2" baking dish.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over the sliced apples.
- Position plastic mixing blade in food processor bowl; place flour, brown sugar, and butter in the bowl.
- Top with cover and process until mixture resembles course meal.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples.
- Bake, uncovered for 1 hour at 300°F.
- Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
- Makes 8 servings.
This is the best appla crisp I have ever had. I like it best warm with a SMALL amount of cream. It doesn't get any better!
Bev, I used the filling portion of your recipe, with my own, make ahead topping. I give the filling FIVE STARS! Had I made the entire recipe, I would have given actual stars. Great combo of apples and spices.
This is the most wonderful recipe for apple crisp that we have ever tasted. Even my picky eaters loved it. I even used this recipe to make dutch apple pie and I received many compliments.