Recipe by Squeaky104
This came from the Taste of Home Simple and Delicious little free bonus book that came with the magazine. My family can't get enough of this...
- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 8 medium)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss the first four ingredients. Pour into a greased 8 inch square baking dish. In a bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 55 to 60 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Recipe can easily be doubled for a crowd. This recipe yields 10 servings.