Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can use four cups of blueberries to make blueberry crisp instead.
- 4 cups granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups old fashioned oats
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Place apples in greased 8-inch square baking dish and toss with the lemon juice.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Add the melted butter and mix until crumbly.
- Pat the mixture on top of the apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Serve with heavy cream.
Thank you for posting a superb recipe that is super easy to make. I didn't have granny smith apples so I used Ida Reds and Galas. The blend of two kinds of apples gave this apple crisp just the right flavor combination. Great sweet, crunchy topping topped it off for a recipe that will be used over and over at our house. Again, thanks for posting.