Recipe by coconutcream
From the Alpha-Bakery Children's Cookbook by Gold Medal Flour, a childhood favorite.
- 2 medium tart cooking apples, pared and slice (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Divide the apple slices between two 10-ounce custard cups. Sprinkle water over apple slices.
- Mix flour, sugar, margarine, and cinnamon with a fork until crumbly; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake uncovered until the topping is light golden brown and apples are tender, 25-30 minutes.
- For Butterscotch Apple Crisp, stir 1 tablespoons butterscotch chips into crumble mixture.