Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is so yummy. Make it for desserts and winter breakfasts. Our kids love it.Great made with peaches too! Canned or fresh.
- 4 cups peeled, sliced apples
- 2⁄3-3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup soft butter
- Heat oven to 375.
- Place apples in greased 9" square pan.
- Blend remaining ingredients until crumbly.
- Put over apples.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until apples are tender and topping is brown.
- Serve warm with milk, or ice cream, or whipped cream.
I made this last night and it is very, very good! The best one I've made, in fact. I served this with hot custard and vanilla ice-cream. Just perfect!
I love apple crisp! I have made it for at home and to take to get togethers. Most everyone likes it and it is easy to make. I use both brown sugar and granulated sugar.And I will try the nutmeg.Other than those two differences our recipes are the same.
What a lovely apple crisp this recipe makes Ann. We enjoyed it very much. I made this exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. I used three different type of apple, for bites of sweet and tart. It was wonderful. Served warm with a little whipped cream. Thank you for sharing your recipe, which we will enjoy again.