Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
A great dessert!
Top Review by ruth detroit area
Today was the perfect "apple crisp" kind of day, but I didn't have Granny Smith's. I decided to use what I had - 10 McIntosh - and the results are great! I liked having cornstarch mixed in with the apples to thicken the juice. Also, I had never drizzled melted butter on top of the "crisp" mixture, and that was a nice change. Thanks!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 cups granny smith apples
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first four ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Peel and slice apples.
- Place apples in a 8 X 8 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Combine oats, brown sugar and flour and sprinkle over the apples.
- Drizzle melted butter over the apple mixture.
- Bake for 30mins.
- at 400 F.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.