Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Easy recipe to make; no eggs and no milk for people with allergies.
- 6 -8 apples, quartered
- 2⁄3-3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup soft butter
- Place apples in greased 8-inch square pan.
- Blend remaining ingredients until crumbly; spread over apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with hard sauce, if desired.
Very, VERY good! Super easy to make. I did add a little extra cinnamon and nutmeg to the apples themselves, but that is just my personal preference. I would highly recommend!
This is a fairly standard crisp type recipe. But it sure is good. Very easy to prepare and it is a universal success. I only added a lot more cinnamon to it. I'll make it again.