Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from my mother. These little apple pies are so yummy!!! They don't last long at my house.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and core apples and cut each apple into 8 pieces.
- Separate crescent rolls into 8 triangles.
- Put 2 pieces of apple onto each triangle and roll up wide end first.
- Place in a 9x13 pyrex baking dish.
- Mix white sugar, orange juice and corn starch together and pour over apple crescents.
- Melt butter and pour over the apple crescents.
- Bake for 30 minutes and remove from oven.
- Baste apple crescents with the orange juice from the pan to wet the tops.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the crescents.
- Bake for 15 minutes more.
This was VERY good, although I cut down on the sugar mixture to 1/2 cup o.j., and 1/2 cup sugar, 1 generous T. cornstarch, and used 1/4 c. melted butter. We had it hot with ice cream on it. Just like apple dumplings! but so easy. Great recipe! Thanx for sharing.