Recipe by Seasoned Cook
AWESOME! A wonderful dessert that will surely please! The crescent rolls provide a quick and easy method in preparing this treat! Has an apple-cinnamony flavor that is superb!
Top Review by wendyt57
Couldn't resist making this one, as we love apples around here and this was so easy to make. Loved everything about this recipe! I took Paula's advice and used brown sugar instead of plain sugar and they were awesome! Had with a huge scoop of Vanilla bean ice cream for one heck of a yummy dessert! Into my keeper file this one goes!
- 2 apples (cooking type)
- 1 (10 ounce) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into quarters, having a total of 8 pieces.
- Separate crescent rolls. Wrap an apple quarter in each roll. Place in a 9 x 9 inch square baking dish. Using fingers sprinkle with cinnamon.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, sugar, water and orange juice. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over dumplings.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Spoon liquid in baking pan over the hot dumplings and serve. Suggestion: Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.