Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
AWESOME! A wonderful dessert that will surely please! The crescent rolls provide a quick and easy method in preparing this treat! Has an apple-cinnamony flavor that is superb!
- 2 apples (cooking type)
- 1 (10 ounce) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into quarters, having a total of 8 pieces.
- Separate crescent rolls. Wrap an apple quarter in each roll. Place in a 9 x 9 inch square baking dish. Using fingers sprinkle with cinnamon.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, sugar, water and orange juice. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over dumplings.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Spoon liquid in baking pan over the hot dumplings and serve. Suggestion: Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Couldn't resist making this one, as we love apples around here and this was so easy to make. Loved everything about this recipe! I took Paula's advice and used brown sugar instead of plain sugar and they were awesome! Had with a huge scoop of Vanilla bean ice cream for one heck of a yummy dessert! Into my keeper file this one goes!
Great and easy. Did not have oranges so used clementines. It needed to cook longer than 20 minutes in order for the juice to thicken a bit. Will keep on my list.
My husband and son loved this. So easy with a great end result!