Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
AWESOME! A wonderful dessert that will surely please! The crescent rolls provide a quick and easy method in preparing this treat! Has an apple-cinnamony flavor that is superb!
- 2 apples (cooking type)
- 1 (10 ounce) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into quarters, having a total of 8 pieces.
- Separate crescent rolls. Wrap an apple quarter in each roll. Place in a 9 x 9 inch square baking dish. Using fingers sprinkle with cinnamon.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, sugar, water and orange juice. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over dumplings.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Spoon liquid in baking pan over the hot dumplings and serve. Suggestion: Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Couldn't resist making this one, as we love apples around here and this was so easy to make. Loved everything about this recipe! I took Paula's advice and used brown sugar instead of plain sugar and they were awesome! Had with a huge scoop of Vanilla bean ice cream for one heck of a yummy dessert! Into my keeper file this one goes!
This was such an easy recipe but a fantastic result!! Everyone loved it!! I made a vanilla sauce with it; perfect together!!
Great and easy. Did not have oranges so used clementines. It needed to cook longer than 20 minutes in order for the juice to thicken a bit. Will keep on my list.