Recipe by Cook Food Mood
Came across this apple crepe recipe by Chef Gary Lim from another website. However, being the impatient person I am, I opted for store brought crepes which complemented the apple filling perfectly! Remember to serve this with a scoop of old fashioned vanilla icecream sprinkled with cinnamon powder! I am sure you will love this like I did!
- 100 g flour
- 250 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash sugar
- 100 ml vanilla ice cream
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 2 green apples
- 20 g custard powder
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 g cinnamon
- 50 g sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- If you are making the crepes, whisk the first 6 ingredients to form a smooth batter. Make pancakes on a non-stick pan.
- For the apple filling, peel, core and dice the apples.
- Put in a pan and saute in its own juice until soft.
- Add in abit of water, followed by the lime juice and sugar.
- Thicken with custard powder diluted in water and add the cinnamon powder.
- Mix well before removing from heat.
- Assemble each crepe with 2 tbsp of apple filling. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream sprinkled with cinnamon powder on the side!
- Alternatively, if you really, really like cinnamon, prepare cinnamon ice cream ahead by whisking softened vanilla icecream with 2g of cinnamon powder, before putting it back in the freezer again.