Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I just love to make them!
Make and share this Apple Crepes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cognac (optional) or 2 teaspoons brandy (optional)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 ounces tapioca pudding
- 2 cups finely diced apples
- 1⁄4 teaspoon brandy or 1⁄4 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Combine all ingredients below crepe mixture until smooth. Make shells like you would make manicotta shells. Yield 16-18 crepes.
- Prepare pudding as directed. Saute apples about 10 minutes. Add sugar and seasonings. Combine apples and pudding; mix well and chill. Makes enough filling for 8 dessert crepes.
- Just before serving, divide mixture evenly on crepes and pocket fold. Serve with whipped cream and powdered sugar.
I made these for a sunday special at the restaurant I work at. they are spectacular! I modified it slightly by making my own tapioca pudding (cheaper when you need to make a large quantity) and I substituted carmel extract for the brandy. they were served warm with sauteed granny smith apples on top and drizzled with a homemade carmel sauce....rave reviews from all of my customers!!! thank you so much for the recipe. I will definetely make these again!!!
FANTASTIC! I saved this for a special occation and it was a great hit. This is a great recipe for the autumn. My husband loves these, that is a high review in this house. I think this is a recipe that we will be keeping and using again! Thank you for posting!! PAC-Fall07