Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Equally good as a dessert , served hot with whipped cream and/or custard....or cut into cubes when cold and served for afternoon tea. This one comes from my mothers cookbook.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup stewed apple (cold)
- 1 apple (finely diced)
- Beat eggs then add cream, salt, and sugar.
- Beat well and then lightly stir in the self raising flour and mix well.
- Stir in the stewed apple and whisk until the whole is a smooth consistency.
- Pour into a greased baking dish and sprinkle with the diced apple.
- Bake at 350'F/180'C for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with custard and/or whipped cream. Cold leftovers can be eaten as cake.
This was a very easy recipe and simple with few ingredients, which i would definitely make again. My effort was more like apple bread pudding but that was because i had too many apples i needed to use so i put a little too many in which made it abit wet but that was entirely my fault! Also i added a large shake of cinnamon which i think added to the taste - impressed with this recipe!