Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is so creamy, rich and delicious and, best of all, so easy to make. I promise, you will love it.
- 4 medium cooking apples, peeled,cored,quartered
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, for topping (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice apples, either in your Cuisinart or by hand.
- Transfer slices to pie crust.
- Mix cream, sugar, egg, flour and seasonings thoroughly for about 10 seconds (in a food processor or with a mixer).
- Pour over apple slices.
- Sprinkle top with walnuts.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450 F; reduce heat to 350 F.
- Bake until apples are tender, 35 to 40 minutes longer.
I have made this pie many times and it's never been watery. It comes out just perfect.
I made this for a super bowl party. It tasted good but was very waterey Doris from Clearwater, Fl.