Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe several years ago from Taste of Home. I really regret not making it sooner! We all loved it. The cream base complemented the apples beautifully. Excellent "as is" but also enjoyable with a little whipped cream on top. It's also really good for breakfast. ;)
- 4 cups baking apples, sliced thinly, peeled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream (light cream works fine)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- cinnamon, ground
- Place apples in pie shell.
- Combine sugar, cream and flour, pour over apples; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 400'F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce to 375'F for 35-40 minutes or until pie is set in center.
- Serve warm or cold.
Very simple recipe with good results. I think next time I will add in a little lemon juice for added flavor. We really like it though just the way it is. Served with vanilla ice cream and it was truly enjoyed!