Recipe by SeriousMoms
I found this in an old Taste of Home magazine. It looks more like an apple cheesecake. Mmmmmm! :) This is a no-bake pie----the crust is prebaked and the apple topping is cooked in a skillet.
- 4 cups tart apples, thinly sliced and peeled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk, divided
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pastry shells, baked (9 in)
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves or 1⁄4 cup strawberry jam, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute apples, sugar and lemon juice in butter until apples are tender. Cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in 1 cup of milk, pudding mix and lemon peel.
- Add the rest of the milk, beat until it's thickened.
- Spread into pastry shell. Arrange the apples over the filling (make them pretty!).
- Brush with preserves or jelly.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Brush with additional preserves if desired.