- 4 cups peeled, cored baking apples, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 .
- Place the apples in the pie shell.
- In a small bowl mix the sugar and flour, stir in the cream until smooth and pour over apples .
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon and nuts .
- Bake at 400 for 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean .
- Cool on a wire rack-chill in the fridge .