These cookies are delicious! I make them quite often at my house. Using spiced Apple butter gives them more flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 300° F degrees.
- 2In a medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt.
- 3Mix well with a wire whisk.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Blend sugars in a large bowl using an electric mixer set at medium speed.
- 6Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- 7Add eggs and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 8Add the flour mixture and blend at low speed until just combined.
- 9Do not overmix.
- 10Shape dough into marble-sized balls.
- 11Place balls on ungreased baking sheets, 1 inch apart.
- 12Bake 10-11 minutes.
- 13Do not brown.
- 14Transfer cookies to a cool flat surface with a spatula.
- 15TO PREPARE THE FILLING: Blend cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl.
- 16with an electric mixer on medium until fluffy.
- 17Add apple butter and beat until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- 18With a small knife spread 1 teaspoonful of apple cream on the bottom half of each cooled cookie.
- 19Top with another cookie to create a sandwich.
- 20Repeat with remaining cookies and filling.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cream Pennies
Serving Size: 1 (1318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 876.6
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.0 g
- Saturated Fat 28.3 g
- Cholesterol 193.4 mg
- Sodium 572.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 64.9 g
- Protein 10.7 g